Loft Conversions Edinburgh
Your Home can Reach New Highs With Our Bespoke Loft Conversions
Joiner Edinburgh is a leading specialist in designing, building and installing bespoke loft and attic conversions in Edinburgh.
Can Your Loft or Attic be Converted?
Most lofts and attics can be converted, yet you may need to meet some requirements or have a warrant. One requirement is a minimum head height of 2.3m from the top of the floor joist to the bottom of the apex.
Most loft conversions do not need a building warrant, but it does depend on the area you live in, the building you are converting and your local council guidelines.
Types of Conversions:
Dormer loft conversions – involves an extension of the existing sloping roof to create more headroom and a larger, more usable space. This type of conversion can transform a cramped loft to a larger space with more natural light.
Mansard loft conversions – these are usually situated at the rear of a property. The roof remains flat and the back wall slopes inwards at an angle. These are an ideal conversion for terraced houses and older properties, so perfect for the period properties in Edinburgh. This type of conversion usually requires planning permission due to changes in the roof shape.
Hip to Gable loft conversions – involves straightening an inwardly slanting end roof to create a vertical wall with the extended ridge meeting the gable, adding more space and headroom to your loft. These conversions are suitable for detached or end of terrace homes.
Velux/rooflight loft conversions – Velux are the types of windows that are usually used in this type of conversion. These conversions involve adding windows into your loft to add natural light and create more of a usable space. They do not require external alterations and so are the quickest and cheapest option.
Benefits of a Loft Conversion
- Loft or attic conversions create an extra living space in your home – whether this is an extra bedroom, a home office, a bathroom, storage space, or whatever meets your needs most.
- Conversions allow you to make the most of the property you own rather than completing an extension or moving to a new house altogether.
- Conversions also allow you to make the most of the space on your property by building up rather than taking up vital garden space or extending your property – this is especially vital for those living in Edinburgh City Centre in a built-up area.
- Adds heightened views and natural light to your home – overlook the beautiful sights of Edinburgh city, or the stunning nature surrounding it, in a room filled with rays of light.
- An attic conversion adds better insulation which can be helpful with keeping the heat in during the cold Scottish weather and helps with energy bills in the winter.
- Conversions can add up to 25% to the value of your home.
If you rent out your property, then a loft conversion as an extra bedroom is an ideal space to rent out.
With several decades of renovations experience and hundreds of completed projects, our expert joiners operate in Edinburgh and surrounding areas including Fife, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian.
Whether your renovation needs are small or large, there’s no project we won’t consider helping with. If you need a joiner who accepts nothing less than top-of-the-line quality & safety measures, get in touch with us today.
#1 Loft Conversion Experts
Why Joiner Edinburgh?
We are specialists in quality loft and attic conversions in Edinburgh, offering a comprehensive service from design to installation. Our dedicated team are experts in the industry, use the highest quality materials and always put you first to ensure the end result matches your bespoke vision exactly.
We will keep you informed every step of the way and our professional team of fitters will ensure that any disruption during the conversion process is kept to an absolute minimum.
Our skilled joiners can design, create, and build bespoke furniture pieces and joinery items for your loft conversion at our in-house joinery workshop. These pieces will custom fit your loft exactly, adding a unique quality touch to your conversion.
How Does It Work?
• We will discuss the options for your loft or attic conversion to understand your vision and needs.
• Our friendly team will complete a no-obligation visit to your property to take measurements, offer advice and provide an in-depth and personalised free quote.
• Our expert designers will put together a set of plans and designs, custom to fit your exact needs and specifications.
• If planning permission or a warrant is needed, this will be requested from your local council.
• Once you are completely happy with your design and any proper permissions have been granted, the installation can begin.
Why Choose Us
The Most-Trusted Loft Conversion Company in Edinburgh
Aside from our accomplishments and strong partnerships, there are several reasons why more customers choose us for their loft conversion over any other company in Scotland.
Why Choose Us?
- Top-Of-The-Line Loft and Attic Conversions
- Free Loft and Attic Conversion Estimates & Bids
- Our Entire Team Is Fully Trained and Qualified
- Unmatched Service & Unbeatable Quality Of Joinery Services
- 100% Compliance
- No Other Team Works Harder — Guaranteed
Our Loft Conversion Reviews
Our Service Area
Where You Can Find Us
Just because we’re based in Edinburgh doesn’t mean we’re only confined to one area. In fact, our joinery services span the land, helping contractors and homeowners in several other areas complete their work on time with the support of a safe and efficient joiner setup. Take a look at our service locations below. If you don’t see your town listed and want to work with us, feel free to contact us.
Our Service Areas: